Monday, October 19, 2009

mmm....more pork

I went to Bala on the weekend for the Cranberry Festival. The small cottage town was absolutely packed with cranberry lovin' folks. And dogs, oh so many wonderful puppies. I was very upset with myself for not bringing Dolan.

I somehow seemed to miss the entire point of the festivities, making my way back home not with berry filled bags but with, you guessed it, more pig product.

How did this happen you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

I blame this man.

Purveyor of pork, curator of cured cuisine, seducer with savoury swine.

He sucked me in with his smile, I was hypnotized by the heady smells of sausage (p.s. I used to stand securely by the motto "I don't eat meat in tube form") I was finally completely entranced by samples of such beautifully produced pig meat.


The next thing I knew I was purchasing more pork product.

But my god, it was all so damn good!

Really, there is nothing like hand crafted product produced by someone who so obviously loves what he does and takes great pride in it.

I want him to be my grandpa and teach me his secrets.

Do you think he'd like to come live with me if I build him a nice smokehouse?

0 comments:

Post a Comment