Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring - More and Less

It seems that spring has been a bit slow in arriving here in cottage country this year. Of course my perspective may be skewed by the visit to upstate New York last weekend. Damn those blossoms! Allow me to demonstrate.

Here we have the barely opening blossoms in the yard...

Here, the beautiful fully opened blossoms declaring the fully arrived springiness of New York.


And now the sad, struggling blooms of my fair surroundings.


Damn you upstate New York, damn you and your early arriving spring! Our poor trees here don't know what to do with themselves. They've started blooming on multiple occasions now, only to have Mother Nature laugh in their fragile faces and rain down with the nasty weather. Trying hard not to get my hopes up this time.

p.s There's a chance I'm a little obsessed with bokeh. Forgive me in advance for many more pictures featuring artistically blurry backgrounds.

Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment