Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back to Basics - Honey Mustard Chicken

Last night I made a honey-mustard chicken dish that I haven't done in hmm...probably a couple of years now. Sebastian and I came up with this recipe years ago on a whim. It's so easy and so tasty that I've never had to play with it or refine it. the only difference this time was that I used a whole-grain beer mustard that I actually made myself as part of a Christmas gift basket I made up this year. It was yummy but not as punchy a flavour as with a commercial mustard. So, recipe time:

Chicken:
Skinless boneless chicken breast (about one breast per person) cut into bite sized pieces
whole grain dijon mustard
honey
salt and pepper to taste
Cut up the chicken and place in a bowl and sealable bag
Mix up the honey, mustard, s&p. I don't have measurements for the ratio here. Basically you want to treat it like you're making a dressing or marinade (about 2 or 3 parts mustard to 1 part mustard). The most imporant thing is that you're happy with the taste. Mix up enough to give a good coating to the chicken. Add to the bowl and toss it all together.
Marinate the mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours at least.
Saute the chicken in a pan with a spoonful of olive oil. Cook the chicken until the marinade really gets soaked up and creates almost a crust on the chicken.

We've always served the chicken as a wrap or pita sandwich. We have a simple caesar salad with yummy little grape tomatoes to give a pop of freshness and put the chicken and salad in the pita.

Away you go, couldn't be easier!

0 comments:

Post a Comment