Last week I was given two really great awards for my rambling little blog here.
I really appreciate both of these awards because they recognize that I try to put a piece of my honest self out there every time I post something.
The fact that anyone out there is responding to what I have to say is really amazing to me. It continues to amaze me with every comment I receive or reader who joins the list of "followers".
The first one I received, the Circle of Friends came from Heiko of Path to Self Sufficiency. This award really celebrates making true friendships through the blogosphere. It's these kinds of connections that keep me blogging....and keep me sane.
Heiko has been a supporter of mine from almost the beginning and I look forward to his every comment. I am honoured to be in his circle of friends!
So, it's time for me to pass the award on to 5 bloggers in my own circle of friends - the problem with awards like this is that I automatically want to give it back to the person who gave it to me - but I'll be strong and resist creating an inbred cycle of award reciprocation.
The most amazing thing to me about these bloggers is that we all initially connected through a love of food but they've all taken the time to support me through the other things I blog about and for that I consider them good friends and wonderful people.
TastyTrix - Trix is always there for me. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to thank her enough for all the support through my grieving process. Plus, she writes one heck of a food blog!
Chickenless Kitchen - The Chickenless Chick was one of my earliest supporters and I'll never forget her for it. I look forward to her comments and to reading her blog.
All Top Chef - This blog is maintained by more than one author and more than one of them has taken the time to write me and help me through my struggles. I am grateful!
SoCal Sustenance - Laura is a great writer blogging about food out in sunny California. Our relationship is the thing I love about the blogosphere; we're so far apart geographically but it's no bar to the connection we've created.
Foodie and the Everyman - Porscha is a brilliant food blogger who shares my obsession with charcuterie and also my hometown. I love her perspective, her fearlessness in the kitchen and her info on local foodie treasures.
The second award I received, the Honest Scrap Award, came from Kirsten of Kirsten's Kitchen.
I appreciate this award because it recognizes bloggers who write about themselves honestly. I'm not always sure that my honesty is going to be well received, all I know is that I'm not capable of writing any other way.
For this award I have to list 10 honest things about myself and pass the award on to 5 other bloggers.
This is pressure. Do you have any idea how long it is going to take me to write this list? I've already been considering it for days. I can babble away with total transparency, but to consciously think about making a list about myself? Torture.
1. I am almost totally oblivious to my external surroundings the majority of the time...too wrapped up in my own head.
2. I was so obsessed with Pearl Jam as a teenager that for years I couldn't listen to them anymore...Now I can again.
3. My brother married the younger sister of two of the coolest brothers from our high school...I feel like a total 16 year old nerd around them.
4. I like the act of cooking much more than I like the eating.
5. I had my first major depression in Grade Five...I remember it clearly.
6. I don't remember a lot of my childhood though...it's all pretty fuzzy.
7. I have total body dysmorphia, always have....spent my whole life thinking I was fat - apparently I was the only one.
8. I have an annoying array of recurring dreams...none of them are conducive to a good night's sleep.
9. I have a hard time letting go of the past...I think it's because I'm always so wrapped up in my mind that I'm never living in the moment - when the moment is gone I struggle to get it back.
10. If I give myself the opportunity I will edit, re-arrange and analyze this list endlessly...I will not give myself the opportunity (I don't let myself edit my blog writing either.)
I will pass on this award to:
Racing Thoughts Unlimited - This is my cousin's blog...apparently filterless honesty is genetic.
One Hungry Chef - It's the honest perspective of a real life chef that I enjoy here.
Salty Seattle - I love the tone of the blog...and the food.
Tasty Trix - Her personality comes through in every post.
Guilty Kitchen - Good writing and good food...what else is there to say?