Friday, March 27, 2009

The Beauty of Photoshop

My latest passion is photoshop. I've been so into taking pictures since I started this blog. It's really reminded me of how much I loved photography in highschool and the passion has been reignited.

Photoshop is really a godsend. I love it. It's eating up hours of my time. I'm pretty sure I need an intervention. Do they have rehab for casual photographers with delusions of creative genious?

This kind of thing is the reason why my life and career are all over the bloody place!

But anyhoo, that's besides the point. I wanted to share a picture that I've been working with.


My father carried this photo in his wallet for millions of years, or you know, at least 10 or 20. And so it was pretty badly damaged. This is a picture of my dad's grandmother, his mother (my grandmother), two family friends and my wee daddy...with hair!

I managed to clean it up pretty well I think, but the real joy for me is how happy my father is to see this picture looking clean and fresh again. I'm not sure I'm done with it yet, but here it is. It's so typically Newfoundland and Job's Cove. I love it.


Here they are side-by-side so you can really see the difference it's made. Ahh, technology!


1 comments:

Cathy said...

OMG Jenn. I finally got a minute to visit this site. Well done!!! I love this picture and how you've restored it. Pop looks much like my dad now don't you think.

Post a Comment