Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring

Here's one of the things I am noticing about myself this year - things I took for granted for most of my life I now find myself stopping and marveling over. This is especially evident given the time of the year. This spring, the re-awakening of my surroundings is offering me countless moments of wonder and excitement.

Some of this I believe has to do with early onset senility. Seriously, things that I know that I used to know were somehow ejected from my mental storage locker and now when I'm confronted with them in my daily comings and goings I'm amazed and awed.

I'm hoping this happens to everyone - right? right??

Having taken up gardening, the germination of seeds is a wonder to me. Everyday I examine my seedlings and feel pride in their growth. The budding trees send me running home to share the news with whoever will listen...mostly everyone seems to think I'm insane. But I'm used to it. It's ceased to bother me.

Whatever the reason for my return to simple amazement, I don't think I care. I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment